I won't deny that I am a fan. His music is really great, and it's good that he's broken the trance spell over the Top 100 DJs list. I respect the genre and the artists, especially AvB (who was consistently number 1, and with such credentials, why not?) and Tiesto. However, I think it's good because it's time to share the limelight with other genres of music. They say that David Guetta is electro and melodic, and personally, it appeals much more to me than trance ever did. Without hate or bias, I am just saying that each one has their own preferences and it wouldn't make a particular song or genre any better than the other. Preferences are choices, and choices aren't really rated or judged.
I remember this one conversation I had with J. Actually, he was the one who told me about Guetta's win. He said that what Guetta did was revolutionary because he had a string of artists to come with his songs. It wasn't just artists, but big names in the music industry. He had Akon, BEP, Nicki Minaj, and it's probably why people are hating on him too. I am trying to understand why they would call him a sell out, just because he went main stream. His music was the same for me; it was still hypnotic and engrossing all at the same time. That's why I loved him, and it's why I still do.
When Tiesto was number 1, everyone was happy. When Armin van Buuren was number 1, happy still. But now that it's David Guetta, people are in chaos. I know I don't know much about this, but it makes me sad that people are criticizing others' preferences. If he won, people must have voted. That counts for something, and I don't think a particular genre could beat another genre. I think what David Guetta did simply deserves recognition. Oh, and yes, congratulations to Avicii, Deadmau5, and Swedish House Mafia for getting in the top 10! Great job!

No comments:
Post a Comment