Sunday, July 24, 2011

LB Magic

Last Friday, the four of us - Ken, Steph, Tisa and I, decided to skip work and visit LB. It's Steph's first time and we wanted to show her a bit of the LB magic. I know I'll never be able to define it, but there's something about LB that makes everyone fall in love with the place. I wanted that for Steph, so I made plans about what to do and where to go and who to meet. However, things didn't go smoothly, so I was a bit disappointed. Anyway, let's start fresh again. First, our obligatory "OMW" picture.

Sour cream popcorn from Tater's and Ken's Serenitea

The bus ride was fun, although all of us badly needed to pee. So, no one was talking and everyone was shifting. LOL. Steph and I exchanged iPods and she made me listen to The Cure's Mint Car while I made her listen to Plain White Ts' Friends Don't Let Friends Dial Drunk. Anyway, the bus ride was fun because it reminded us of high school field trips, with popcorn and candies. Did I mention that I'm addicted to Tater's Sour Cream, to think that I've always hated sour cream fries? Anyway, when we got to LB, we just left our things at Chase's and hung out with him a little since he has a quiz. We went to Metrohair to get our nails done, since LB is the most inexpensive city. Thus, the anti-social shots. Sorry for the lack of photos since my camera's acting up, making all of us in 3D. Plus, everyone was on their cellphones so no one really cared. Anyway, after that, we went to Faustina's.

Faustina's is our favorite hang out place. We stay there until they close the shop, just drinking coffee and talking and discussing books. Of course, their food is also good so we wanted to make Ken and Steph try it. Here's what we ordered:

Spaghetti and Meat Bombs

Silindro Ribs

Bratwurst

Tomato Pesto Pizza

Yum, right? We were so full, even though we still had plans for dinner. Anyway, the thing I like about Faustina's is that it's so strategically located that you'll see everyone who passes. Thus, it's inevitable to meet people you know. So, let's take a look at them!

Me and JMP, through the years. LOL.

CCI + Troii. Hi Kams!

Chase and TJ. I missed you two!
There, and a lot more. There's Adj, Lulu and some other people that I might've forgotten. Also, since it's Raymundo, I made Steph and Ken eat the isaw there. They were so yummy, and I'm happy they liked it! Right? Anyway, Chase had to go home (which is really sad) so I went with him to his apartment with JMP. I wanted to fetch Jake, but I couldn't persuade him so nevermind. JMP cooked dinner and showered. I just sulked. The rest of the gang were apparently in Cafe Antonio. Anyway, after that, we went to ICS to start the drinking. Steph was so impressed because it looked like the set of True Blood.

At the bar.

JMP watching basketball.

Kams at the DJ booth.

We had a few drinks at ICS, got our own booth, until Steph felt a little drunk. We transferred to Tresto, where I got drunk. Hahahaha. I drank a lot, and I super missed Chase. It's not fun when you're the only one who's drunk. It was a quick night though. By morning, I wish they could still stay because nothing beats LB mornings (except LB nights) - the feeling of just lying there, doing nothing. I love LB.

No comments:

Post a Comment