Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I love Boracay!

The true story here is that I booked for 7 days because I wanted to get tired of Boracay. Really. I wanted to try everything and get used to everything so I wouldn't have to miss it anymore. It backfired. Now, I'm having the worst intoxicated hangover and separation anxiety! So, let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

DAY 1 - AUGUST 18, THURSDAY
It's Stephanie's first time to go anywhere far with her friends and this marks the first of our travels together. We arrived early in the airport and just hung around, eat and take pictures. 





Our flight was at 1PM but we got delayed for an hour and a half. Touchdown in Caticlan was around 4PM. I was really surprised with the new airport because last summer, it was just a nipa hut! Now, it's beautiful.




Upon arriving, we went straight to our hotel last summer - Ocean Bay Resort. Clariza was a little disappointed with us because it turns out that we paid a little too much. Still, it was cheap for a nice hotel. We just dropped our things and went straight to the beach!

Isaw first!

Feeling the sand!

Almost sunset!

After giving Steph a quick tour, we went to have Thai for dinner. We ate at this place called Sa'neh in d*mall and ordered Tom Yum Goong and Yum Mua Muang. The Yum Mua Muang is five stars, yo! By the way, I forgot to mention that one of the purposes of this trip is to eat everything everywhere. Yeah, we're pigs like that.

Yum Mua Muang and Tom Yum Goong

I apologize for the bad quality of the pictures. I can't wait for Steph's shots so I just used my own. Anyway, while we're at apologizing, I'm also sorry for not updating that much lately. Well, if the definition of 'lately' was the past 7 days, then you're in for a very long blog entry.

After dinner, we went straight for happy hour at Epic. Happy hour at Epic is from 2PM-8PM, and we only planned on drinking til 8PM so we can rest and wake up early. However, good conversations always call for good company so we ended up talking and drinking til 10PM. I had around 4 or 5 bottles of beer since I didn't like the pinacolada (which is Ken's favorite drink). Tisa and Steph got margaritas and mojitos.

DAY 2 - AUGUST 19, FRIDAY
We got up at around 7AM but we were able to leave the hotel at 8:30. We took a short walk just to see where we would eat and we ended up having a breakfast buffet in Astoria.




Here's our new friend: Nathan Park!






Astoria is beautiful, yeah? While we were having breakfast, this Korean guy approached us and asked if he could join. Normally, we'd say no (we actually tried to) but he seemed nice and we felt sorry because it was his last day and he was alone. We invited him to join us for happy hour at White House since White House has the earliest and longest happy hour in the island - 7AM to 7PM. That's 12 fuckin' hours of happiness for you! We ordered margaritas, a mango margarita, a long island iced tea for Nathan, a melon mojito, a rum coke, shrimp gambas, and crispy pata. We also took a dip whenever we felt tipsy.

Margarita

Mango Margarita

Long Island Iced Tea

Melon Mojito

Pink Panther

Shrimp Gambas

Coke Rum

Crispy Pata

Nathan had to leave, or else he would miss his flight. He seemed to have enjoyed his last day though! After that, we transfered to Two Seasons. Two Seasons is our favorite place for drinks. It's quite pricey but it's just so delicious! They have the best frozen margaritas in the island!

BEST FROZEN MARGARITAS IN BORACAY



I love seeing the sun set at Station 1.

After happy hour, we started a tradition to eat isaw. We discovered the best isaw in the island, and probably in the whole country! It's a nameless stall in front of Astoria. Thinking about it makes me crave for it even more. We had dinner at Hawaiian Bar-B-Q. No pictures because I was tipsy (I drank too much, no?), my camera was low on battery and I was just having too much fun.. We were just laughing the whole time at the littlest things. We also realized that ever since we landed, people have been really nice to us. We usually chat with the vendors, drivers and waiters at the places we go to. Anyway, we ordered a mango caesar salad, foil-baked golden shrimp (where we got an extra shrimp thanks to the kuya) and sun-ripened mango chicken BBQ. It was so yum and we were so full. Too bad, we didn't get to try the steak. Still, this was the most time I think I spent laughing so hard. After dinner, we went back to the hotel to change and clean up. We just ended up going to Jonah's for their shakes. Steph got a milk shake, Tisa got an avocado milk and I got a mango milk. It was okay, but I missed melon milk though. We got so engrossed with talking that we decided to go home. We gave our leftover Hawaiian BBQ to the tricycle driver who took us home.

DAY 3 - AUGUST 20, SATURDAY
We planned to have lunch instead, but Manana was still closed at 11AM and Steph was really hungry so we tried Tibraz. She ordered an omelette which was 5 stars while Tisa and I shared a mangofique crepe because we still wanted to try Manana. In Manana, we ordered beef tacos and a margarita and we were so full! It could also be because of the crepe though.







We had mochi for dessert at FIC in d*mall and went straight to d*talipapa for some souvenir shopping. I never really enjoyed souvenir shopping. Well, there wasn't much to buy anyway. After that, we went for happy hour at Two Seasons. Yes, Two Seasons will be a regular in this entry because we never missed a day there. We ordered margaritas, of course, and pizza vegetalie which is also 5 stars! We also got free jello shots and we promised we'd try them when our party arrives the next day.





We had dinner at Hama, and ordered sukiyaki, ika yaki, and dragon salmon maki. Then, we went to The Tides to see The Solstice Bar and it was awesome apart from the fact that it was empty. It was like one of those Gossip Girl parties without the people. We went home, but I forced them to go to Club Paraw because I missed my DJ and I've been in Boracay for three days already without seeing him. So, reluctantly, they went with me and Steph got to meet H! She owes me! Hahahaha! It was a cool night for me, even though I was just staring at the DJ.

DAY 4 - AUGUST 21, SUNDAY
We had Greek for brunch at Zuzuni. It was so satisfying that we ate here thrice during our entire stay! Here, we ordered lamb gyros, mati salata, mexican omelette, lamb keftedes and a mati chocolate sin (which is the best dessert on the island, as they say). True enough, Zuzuni does not disappoint. 5 stars for everything!


We followed brunch with happy hour at Two Seasons again, with their frozen margaritas. By this time, Clark's plane has already landed and she and her friends asked us to meet them. Before that, we had dinner at Aria first then followed them to Paraiso Grill. Those Illusion drinks were really strong, and we were starting to bond with Ica, Gail, Vince, Jec and Joma. Apparently, Elaine was sick and was left in the hotel. After Paraiso, I convinced them to go to Club Paraw with me so that they can see my DJ. Yes, from now on, Club Paraw will also be a regular in this entry. There, we had such a wild night and so much fun. It started with Vince's The Hangover pictures with a bunch of naked Americans. It was so wild! Also, Vince made one of my dreams come true. I'll discuss that on a separate entry. Anyway, our nights kind of separated since I went out and they transfered to a different bar.

DAY 5 - AUGUST 22, MONDAY
We woke up from Clariza's early pestering. We had breakfast at Red Coconut because they have the best pancakes ever. It's brunch, so I ordered tomato soup and baked ziti. After that, Clariza went with her friends since they were skim boarding. I wanted to try it too, but anyway, next time! We immediately went to Two Seasons and ordered Tanduay Ice since we were already starting to drain our wallets. Clariza and her friends followed. We got jello shots and invented a game out of it. We pass the shot around and whoever breaks it has to drink the shot. It was so fun, and we were all so drunk! We also got two different free shots from Two Seasons because they can see that we were having so much fun and Gail was crying already. We also went swimming even though the waves were starting to get strong.

Since we've had too much to drink, Tisa and I decided to sleep first. I woke up at around 11PM and we just had tomato soup from Yellowcab before heading for Paraw. Tisa decided to skip it, so I was with Steph, Clariza and her friends. This was supposed to be an epic night, but nothing happened for Steph and me. We stayed until the bar closed but we got nothing. To be fair, though, we really had so much fun. It was really wild again. We got to meet a lot of new people - a German boy pretending to be 18, a local who's had a crush on Elaine (who goes by the name Miri), two Filipinos who're gay and a lot more. It was Joma's last night too.

DAY 6 - AUGUST 23, TUESDAY
We decided to sleep in since we were a little depressed (except for Tisa). So after waking up, we went straight to White House for happy hour and chori burgers. I also ordered a pink panther while talking to Nikko on the phone.



After that, we went to Two Seasons but Tisa wasn't feeling well so she had to go home. Steph and I stayed and bonded over our depression from the night before. I downed 4 bottles while bonding with our favorite waiter - Kuya Kris! We even added each other on Facebook so that we could update him with our lives. That's so sweet. After that, we went to have dinner again at Zuzuni. We ordered fish & chips, a vegetarian pita pizza, waffles and a mati chocolate sin. Again, we were so full. We went to Club Paraw after, both Steph and I hoping for a miracle. It wasn't that much fun at first until Clariza and her friends came. We were just sitting, actually, since all of them were still drunk. It was Gail and Jec's last night, though. We decided to bring the party to their hotel and continued drinking there.

DAY 7 - AUGUST 24, WEDNESDAY
We had breakfast at Real Coffee & Tea. We had their famous calamansi muffins, a banana walnut muffin, peanut butter brownie and a cafe latte. I was talking to Chase the whole time. We went to d*mall and scouted last-minute souvenirs. After that, we went straight to Two Seasons for Tanduay Ice and pizza vegetalie. It is officially our last full day in Boracay and Kuya Kris wasn't there.

Most Dark Award

Ica, Vince, Elaine and Clark followed and they were really refreshed with the "chill" vibe of our happy hour. We just bonded a lot and went to Zuzuni agai for dinner. I got tomato soup, Steph got lamb adobo and Tisa got her mati chocolate sin and treated everyone with another chocolate sin. After that, we went back to the hotel to pack and fix up ourselves for our last night. Tisa decided to stay again, so Steph and I went for our last night in Boracay. Of course, it was Club Paraw, where I already felt like a local since most of the faces were already familiar to me. Steph finally saw H again, and I tried having fun but I missed him so much. I was having emo moments outside by the beach. It's a good thing Vinci is so sweet.


Anyway, when the club closed, we decided to drink some more and just not sleep so we can catch our early flight. However, while walking on the beach, Vince stepped on something and his foot started bleeding. We brought him to a clinic and stayed there until morning. We got back to the hotel at around 6AM and rushed to the airport.

DAY 8 - AUGUST 25, THURSDAY
When I am on the tricycle back to the port, the song on repeat is Dashboard Confessional's So Long, So Long. It's perfect for leaving such a beautiful paradise. The weather wasn't good so our flight got delayed for 3 hours. It was a bummer since we didn't have any sleep and we were so tired. So there, that's my whole Boracay stay for you.

I think, this here, is detailed enough; but you might want to check out my travel blog here. XOXO

2 comments:

  1. This is a really long post! Anyway, can I rip off some photos for my own blog? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete