Everyone has that magic moment, the one where everything is surreal and you don't know if it really happened or not. A magic moment is one that made you hope, one that made you believe, one that made you feel alive again. I thought, for a time, that things have already went by without me. I thought I was left behind. After P, there was pretty much nothing else I knew.
As you all know, there's this person whom I've seen last summer and all I could do was stare. He wasn't good looking or anything - probably verging on cute, but that's it. I was staring because even by just looking at him, I could see his passion. It made me realize how lacking I was, how I forgot all my passions and just be consumed by life. I see how he loved music, and it inspired me. Three months later, I was introduced to him by Vince.
It was a Sunday night, and I was not in the mood for a wild party. I was just there to stare. He walked around, just holding a glass of water. Vince approached him and asked if he would take a picture with me. He agreed, and introduced himself. I did too. I shook his hand and as I was about to leave, he said, "Wait, can you stay?" I said, "Okay." I complimented him on his music, and he just smiled. I mentioned my favorite mixes, and it turns out that those were his favorites too. He asked me to dance and pulled me close. I could feel his soft hair on my shoulder as he hid his face and laughed. I asked why, and he said, "Your friend keeps taking pictures of us!" I was really embarrassed, but it was hilarious too.
He asked if I wanted to go outside, because we couldn't hear each other on the dance floor. We sat outside and he asked if I wanted to dance on the beach! It's cute and romantic, but it was a failure since the tides were high. We talked a lot - about music, jobs, Boracay and love. It turns out that we have the same reactions to the same songs and we're huge fans of Bruno Mars. I made him listen to Lay Me Down by The Dirty Heads and he liked it - I hope. He held my hand and we walked a little bit more. We sat down as he made me laugh, and he put his arms around me as he kissed my cheek. The view was breathtaking, and I just felt like I could die then and there. He offered to take me home if I was alone, but Tisa and Steph waited for me so he just got my number and he called me.
I will stop here, because that was my magic moment. Things might turn pretty, or they might get ugly - but this moment is something that won't be altered. It felt like I swallowed a whole sack of pixie dust and I'm just on a high. This is a moment that I can always go back to, and this is the moment that made me believe I could feel this way again.
No comments:
Post a Comment