Thursday, September 29, 2011

Torches

Lately, I've been in love with Foster The People. It's been awhile since I first discovered them on Kiis' list, and I was like bleh. Giving it another listen, thanks to Ken, made me fall in love with them. They're different in sound since it's not your usual beat. It sounds like the city, and that's probably one of the reasons why I love them. Also, their lyrics are really awesome. It's upbeat and happy most of the time, and at other times, well, it's still happy. Plus, every song makes me wanna dance! So, I love it.


Helena Beat is one of my favorite songs. The drums start out nice, followed by the smooth rhythm of the guitar. It's kind of catchy, yeah? The lyrics are also true: Sometimes life, it takes you by the hair. It pulls you down before you know it; it's gone and you're dead again. Yeah yeah and it's okay, I tie my hands up to a chair so I don't fall that way. Yeah yeah and I'm alright, I took a sip of something poison but I'll hold on tight. You know those days when you want to just choose to not get our of bed, you're lost in your head again. I love the chorus! Oh god, LSS.

Pumped Up Kicks was the first song I've ever heard and I didn't like it. However, it's one of my most played songs now. The chorus is kinda catchy too, so I like it. It kind of reminds me of the OMFGG Soundtrack. It's very city-like.

Call It What You Want is also very catchy. It's smooth and upbeat. It's very laid back regarding its lyrics too. It exudes an "I don't give a fuck" vibe. Haha I'm starting to say nonsense here. Actually, the lyrics are quite simple so I don't wanna dwell on that. The beat makes their songs more special. At least, for me.

Color On The Walls (Don't Stop) is a nice song too. I don't think I can give anything less than 3 stars in this album. LOL. It's really catchy and I want to just whistle to it. If only I knew how.

Waste is one of my favorite songs too. I have a lot of favorite songs in this album, huh? Well, this song is sweet and there's nothing to love! Let's look at the lyrics: I'll hold your hand when you are feeling mad at me. Yeah, when the monsters they won't go away, the windows are closed, I'll pretend to see what you see. And every day that you want to waste, that you want to waste, you can. And every day that you want to wake up, that you want to wake, you can. And every day that you want to change, that you want to change, yeah I'll help you see it through 'cause I just really want to be with you. I know if you could snap both your fingers that you'd escape with me. But in the meantime, I'll just wait here and listen to you when you speak... or scream. Lovely, right? Makes me wish I was in love.


I Would Do Anything For You is five stars for me, so you can guess that it's one of my favorites too. It reminds me a little bit of The Cure. Anyway, I just wanna sing Oh la la the whole day! Remember all those times I was hoping for something and shaking my head from all I have done but you never left me. Sweeet. I love it. Oh, and Steph loves this song too!


Houdini is okay, if only it didn't have that upbeat rhythm that's so contagious! It makes me wanna dance!

Hustling (Life On The Nickel) is okay too. It's very OMFGG as well.

Miss You reminds me so much of Mr. DJ. Can you guess why? Haha it's such a give away, sweetie. Like all the Foster The People songs I've liked, it's because it reminds me of him and this is the main feeling I have right now. I just miss him, plus it's music so... what else is there? I've been getting tired of listening to house music, which makes me miss him more than ever. So, Foster The People gives a nice city vibe while still singing out my feelings. Well I hope you try to find me, I'm all spun and pacing. I know what you want to say here, so say it. Forget the words speaking. Just want to rearrange so I'll just say it. I will live a life that makes you smile. When I'm done here and long gone, feverish and peaking, just wanna see your face. What you say, what you say? Oh yeah, I really miss you miss you say. Smile at the chance just to see you again. I really miss you miss you say. So look at me now before I walk away. You might just miss me miss me one day. Yeah Yeah Yeah. So, there you go. I won't discuss.

Warrant is also a good song. It's upbeat and catchy. Wow, looks like I say that to every song. Well, it's the general vibe and I'm not lying anyway. Oh eff, I think I'm murdering Foster The People for you guys. They're really good! I swear!

Anyway, there you go. Try to give them a listen if you have the chance. I'm sure you'll fall in love as well. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment