As promised, here are some of the pictures from Boracay. There were A LOT but I can't post all of them. Anyway, I can't stop ranting about Boracay. I love it to bits.
We arrived in NAIA 3 at 8AM for Clark's 9AM flight. Tisa, Philip and I just hung out at the airport until 2PM for our respective flights. We watched How I Met Your Mother, ate at Illy's, and I had my nails done. Still, the weren't finished when it's time to board. They called our names over and over, and it was so embarrassing! What's more embarrassing is that I was running around the airport with one foot undone!
We landed in Boracay at around 4PM and we had to wait around for Philip because his flight was delayed. We were only able to go out and check the beach near sunset. Still, it was beautiful.
 |
| Lychee Martini at Epic. Mmm. |
After dinner, Tisa got sick so Clark and I were the only ones who partied that night. We went to Epic and it was very reminiscent of our Superklasse Wednesdays before, only to find out that the owners were also the owners of Embassy and Encore. Well, it had the same vibe so it was okay.
 |
| Good morning, Boracay! |
 |
| Brunch at Red Coconut. |
The next day, we had brunch at Red Coconut. I ordered baked ziti and a watermelon shake, Tisa ordered pancakes and an omelette, while Clark and Philip had a sandwich. They have the best pancakes I've ever tasted! It was funny because everyone got antisocial when we found out that it's a wi-fi hotspot.
 |
| Me and my favorite girls! <3 |
We went lounging by the beach and swimming for a while. Philip was just reading his book while we took too many pictures. I love the color-blocking that we did here because the colors are fun and bright.
 |
| Mojito at Epic. |
 |
| Massage by the beach. |
After that, it was happy hour at Epic. Drinks are 2 for 1, so everyone's happy. I guess that's why it's called 'happy hour'. LOL I don't know. Anyway, the drinks at Epic are a bit strong, but they're alright to taste. Tisa and Clark got mojitos while I got a daiquiri. I exchanged drinks with Tisa so we can
have both mojito and daiquiri. The mojito was really strong even though the daiquiri was the one that's super bitter. I had a really bad headache so Tisa and I decided to have a massage.
 |
| My lame attempt at a picture with DJ Jerrymyx. |
The massage wasn't all that good. Well, I can't say much about it because I fell asleep since I was already a bit tipsy. Yeah, I know. Anyway, we rested at the hotel for a while and went out to party. We went to Club Paraw and I was just staring at the DJ. Yeah, too much rants about that. Still, he's awesome.
 |
| Good morning, Friday! |
 |
| Obama Grill on Station 1. |
On Friday, we switched hotels and transfered to Station 1. Friday morning's pretty much the same as the day before except that we had lunch at Obama. I super love that place! Apart from the nice view, they serve good food and play good music. The soundtrack reminded me of my freshman year in college; the artists were Secondhand Serenade, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Maroon 5, etc. I text messaged Nikko, who I've been pestering since the night before. I love Nikko to bits. Anyway, we ordered grilled tuna belly, kawali royale, and bicol express. Great times, Obama.
 |
| Me at Obama. |
 |
| Us at Obama. Hello Tisa! |
Well, everyone thought I'd be stalking Mr. DJ that's why we went to Obama. Haha it's actually part of the plan, but I knew I wouldn't see him since he's probably still asleep. Aw, such a cutie. So we walked by Station 1 and I realized that I had to buy shades because I've misplaced my Forever 21 shades when we switched hotels. It was so hot and I was having a hard time seeing anything. We bought cheap shades and hats before heading to Jonah's.
 |
| It was so hot! |
Sorry, there aren't any pictures from Jonah's because I was feeling too full because of the meal from Obama. Plus it was also too hot to do anything except sip that shake from Jonah's. I love their melon milk and their mango milk. Anyway, after that, we went back to the hotel to drop our things and headed out for happy hour at White House because apparently, lots of handsome boys playing frisbee were there the day before. Sadly, there was an event so we transfered to Basty's.
 |
| No more of those big Boracay sandcastles! :( |
While walking to Basty's we saw these miniature sand castles that you see in postcards. They were just being done by kids and it looks amazing! Unfortunately, those big life-sized sandcastles were banned since last year and you have to get a permit to be able to build one. They said that it was bad for the environment. I'm really proud that they're trying to save Boracay because it really is a Philippine treasure. I fully support the smoking ban (you can't smoke by the beach anymore) even though it sucks, and I think I go for the sandcastle ban as well (as long as they keep just one giant sandcastle).
 |
| Margarita at Basty's. |
 |
| Happy hour at Basty's. |
Anyway, we went to Basty's where they serve the best margaritas! I swear, I can chug it down. It's also cheap, since it's happy hour. This is what I love most about Boracay. I love how they can make you feel like you're living "The Life".
 |
| Boracay Sunset. <3 |
We stayed to see the sunset since we weren't able to see it the day before. It was epic, I swear. It was like I was not in this planet. It felt like a different dimension, and I swear, I wasn't even drunk. Haha anyway we went back to the hotel to freshen up and change for dinner.
 |
| Sex on the Beach at Aria. |
 |
| Boracay shore at night. |
We had dinner at Aria, because people kept raving about it. Well, in all honesty, I can't say much for their other recipes but what we ordered were completely blah; especially the smoked salmon in argula. Clark and I had ham and bacon fettucine, Philip had spaghetti bolognese, and Tisa had eggplant parmigiana and baked potatoes. She ended up having the most bearable-tasting dish. It was alright though, because they have a nice vibe and fire dancers to boot. We were having trouble choosing where to drink that night so we just ended up staying there since Clark's starting to get a hangover. I ordered for a Sex on the Beach, which was amazing, and Tisa ordered for a margarita. It was alright too. Anyway, we had to leave because Clark feels like vomiting but I still wanted to see my DJ and she promised me, so we walked to Club Paraw. Sadly, a different DJ was playing so I just decided to call it a night.
 |
| Brunch at iLemon Cafe. |
 |
| I love brunch! |
On Saturday morning, we finally woke up in time for brunch. We ate at iLemon Cafe, or whatever it's called, because we've been eying it for ages and we never could wake up for brunch. Anyway, Clark and I ordered granola in yogurt with mangoes, Tisa got pancakes, and Philip got a turkey sandwich. The food was great, but it would be much better if they played songs by Jack Johnson so it would be perfect. After eating, we went to D'Talipapa where we tried looking for souvenirs. JMP wanted something useful so I was about to get him a bag/purse made of coconut but it was too funny and quite expensive as well. We went back to the hotel to drop our things and went out to eat fish ice cream!
 |
| Fish Ice Cream! |
I know what you're thinking! Well, it's not really fish ice cream, but literally FISH ICE CREAM. It's ice cream shaped like a fish. It was okay, but not as good as I thought it would be. After that, we were going for our last happy hour and we couldn't decide among White House, Sur, or Two Seasons. We ended up at Two Seasons and I swear, they have the BEST margaritas. They totally knocked out the margaritas from Basty's! I swear, I can drink the margaritas from Two Seasons every second of every day. It's thaaat good. Plus, you don't even need salt! Unless it feels weird, but it tastes perfect. Anyway, we were doing some last minute sun-bathing since we weren't even anywhere near tan. I fell asleep and woke up after sunset, thus the lack of photos.
 |
| Happy birthday, JC! |
We walked back to D'Mall for dinner and Clark got JC his birthday gift, which was a sand sculpture. You can just look at the picture because I don't feel like describing it. It was very pretty though. Also, we dropped by for some grilled hotdogs and isaw by the shore. It was yummy.
 |
| Omonomonomo Tisa! |
We had dinner at Hama and it was good, but really expensive. Everyone was also tired out by now and our wallets were getting empty. We ordered sukiyaki for everyone with chicken teriyaki as well. I had salmon sashimi from Philip. Anyway, we were supposed to go back to the hotel to pack our bags because we have a hell of an early flight. Before that, I convinced everyone to drop by Club Paraw first. I asked around about the DJ from last last night and they said that he was DJ Jerrymyx and he'll be the last to spin later at 12MN. It was too late for everyone, except for Clariza who was hung over again. I decided to let it pass and just go back to Boracay and introduce myself then; and do a good job at it. While on the hotel, we ran out of cigarettes so I asked Tisa to come with me. It was almost 12 and I didn't realize it but I asked Tisa if we could drop by. She got mad at first but gave in anyway since we weren't able to bond at all during the trip. As we walked by Club Paraw, I saw that he wasn't the DJ playing. However, Tisa said that he was the one standing near the door. I looked and it was him! He was just standing there, walking around and walking by the beach alone. I wanted to talk to him, to introduce myself, to compliment him on his music; I had the words mapped out already, but as he passed me, I just stood there, still staring. I know. Nothing will ever come to me that way. Gah, I need Nikko next time.
 |
| At my flight back to MNL. |
We had an ungodly early hour for our flight back to Manila. Our flight was at 8AM so we had wake up at 4AM and leave at 5AM for the van ride to Kalibo. However, we were late as usual and the driver was trying to kill us by not using his brakes. I swear, my eyes were wide the whole time.
 |
| Snacks from PAL. |
We got in time for our flight thought, but it was so sad to leave Boracay. Dashboard Confessional's So Long has been on repeat since then. I don't want to leave Boracay. How can anyone leave such a paradise? A paradise with my DJ on it? NO ONE. So anyway, I left with a vow of one day returning again. Let's say, August? Haha I hope I can earn that much by then.
 |
| Going home with Clark. |
So we arrived in Manila and went back, but I miss Boracay so much. I want to live there and just live the life. I could write there, but I'd have to be able to support myself. I've even thought of learning fire dancing to be able to live there and marry my DJ. Of course, that would be hysterical. I swear, I'm coming back. So you should wait for me, Boracay.
No comments:
Post a Comment