Lately, Train's Save Me San Francisco album has been on repeat. I love Train. I know that their sound has changed drastically, from full-on alterna-rock Ordinary to mainstream pop Hey Soul Sister. However, I still like them. They have good lyrics and a good sound.
Their title song, Save Me San Francisco, is very upbeat. I love how he talks about going on and on in different cities but still calls San Francisco his home. Well, if there's a state that I could call home, that would be California. I wish it was New York, but we'll get there. Haha. I love singing along to this song. It's like it emits good vibes.
Hey Soul Sister, on the other hand, is completely not their style. That's why I was so surprised! But all in all, Hey Soul Sister is a good song. It's so GV that it's constantly on my good vibes playlist. Also, this song has a lot of memories for me. It's about finding your other half, your soul mate. Well, I literally wanna dance every time I hear this song. I'll never get tired of it.
Their next song, I Got You, sounds a little reggae but it's one of my favorite songs. I like how he shares about having found the right one but the time's not right. He said, "Hey, did you hear about the one that got away? They say he looked left, she turned right, meant to be together but not that night. It's when fate's running late, we tend to make mistakes, we go round and round from love to love, it's either way too much or not enough. Gimme lazy days with nothing better to do than singin' oh black water keep on rolling while I wait for you. I don't care if it rains, I'll be just fine, I'm leaving the ghosts behind until I got you. You're the sun through my window, warming my skin oh you, I got you. Hey, then when one of them was taken, the other one was waiting for the next big thing to bring them to the gates of heaven or maybe just late night in Vegas. It's true that's what we do when were going down swingin' then coming up singing the blues, wearing out my shoes, chasing new faces to get to you. Driving home on a summer night, singing old black water keep on rolling till the time is right. I don't care if it rains, I'll be just fine. Sit back, enjoy the ride until I got you. You're the sun through my window, warming my skin, oh you I got you like Sonny and Cher except I'll be there for you, I got you." Lovely, right? I remembered Mr. DJ in the line "meant to be together but not that night".
Meanwhile, Parachute, is a pleading song. He's saying that he'll be a parachute, he'll never let her down, and he'll always be there to catch her. He's pleading that they stay together, because the life that they have is too good to lose.
This Ain't Goodbye reminds me of Chuck and Blair. It's like their song for one another. He's saying that there's no one in the world who are as compatible as them, they understand each other, and they are afraid to let that comfortability go.
If It's Love is my favorite song in this album. They sound a little like Nine Days here, but they have really good lyrics. It reminds me of Dashboard Confessional's Shirts and Gloves. It's harder to write a song about being in love than to write a song about being heartbroken. For me, happiness isn't as easy to share as pain. I was reminded again of Mr. DJ, especially in the first two lines. He says, "While everybody else is getting out of bed, I'm usually getting in it. I'm not in it to win it, and there's a thousand ways you can skin it. My feet have been on the floor flat like an idol singer. Remember Winger? I digress. I confess, you are the best thing in my life. But I'm afraid when I hear stories about a husband and wife, there's no happy endings, no Henry Lee but you are the greatest thing about me. If it's love, and we decide that it's forever, no one else could do it better. If it's love, and we're two birds of a feather then the rest is just whatever. And if I'm addicted to loving you, and you're addicted to my love too, we can be them two birds of a feather that flock together. Love, love, got to have something to keep us together. Love, love, that's enough for me. Took a loan on a house I own, can't be a queen bee without a bee throne. I wanna buy you everything except cologne 'cause it's poison. We can travel to Spain where the rain falls mainly on the plain. Sounds insane, 'cause it is. We can laugh, we can sing, have ten kids and give them everything. Hold our cell phones up in the air and just be glad we made it here alive on a spinning ball in the middle of space. I love you from your toes to your face. You can move in, I won't ask where you've been 'cause everybody has a past. When we're older, we'll do it all over again. When everybody else is getting out of bed, I'm usually getting in it. I'm not in it to win it, I'm in it for you." Awww that's too sweet. I laughed at the cologne part. I can just imagine living with this imaginary guy who's singing me this song. I can't wait to meet him and fall in love.
Their next song, You Already Know, is so-so. It's an angry song about letting someone go because you thought you knew them. Well, I can't say much for that part.
Words sounds like a song from Glee. Anyway, it's a feel-good song. It also reminds me of a Beatles song that I can't pinpoint which.
Brick By Brick is a very lonely song, to the point that its loneliness has reached and touched me. It reminds me of our apartment in Los Banos, all of us there, and now that it's all gone now. It goes, "The dust has finally settled down. The sun is shining on these pieces that are scattered all around. This house was everything we knew, it's where we kept our love and every single memory of me and you. Every letter, every note, every dress you never wore under your coat thrown away. Brick by brick, we can build it from the floor. If we hold onto each other, we'll be better than before."
The song that first caught my eye is Breakfast In Bed. It wasn't what I thought it would be, but it's pretty much a good song too. It sounds like a lazy morning, and I can imagine myself preparing breakfast in bed for someone. It's love.
Of course, the song that got me listening to this whole album, is Marry Me. It's perfection in a teacup. I'd love to hear it everyday sung to me.
There are 4 more songs in the special edition album, but I haven't got the chance to hear them yet. Patrick Monahan has a great voice, something that's amazing, sexy, and sweet all at the same time. If he wasn't so old, I'd definitely want him to be my husband. He looks like an old rock star, and you know how that gets.

No comments:
Post a Comment